Monday, August 25, 2008

You'll shoot yer eye out !


Accidents always come in threes! Thank heavens I didn't have access to a Red Rider BB gun or I would have been in trouble yesterday. After hearing my stupid ramblings, you'll appreciate why I've decided that I rather like my new black eye!
Now, lets just say it all started with the makings of a sty! Yes, girls, a sty in my eye! Don't ask me what a sty is, but whatever this painful bump is underneath my lower eyelid is, I am choosing to call it a sty. Cause it sounds cool. So, my sty-eye is already sore and looking good, mind you, when I decide to wrestle with my loveable baby dog, Lenny. Now, for those of you that know Lenny, he is adorable and huge at the same time with paws that could squash a watermelon better than a sledgehammer (for those of you who remember Gallagher). All it took was one swipe with the paw and I ended up with a nice deep scratch along my upper eyelid on the same eye. Cute. He looked at me with his baby dog eyes and was forgiven in an instant. But, now I was looking a bit abused. Did I mention that it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon? Yes girls, a perfect afternoon to go fishing. I had broken my fishing pole the weekend prior and all I needed to do was to re-string another pole and voi'la - I was off fishing! I found the perfect rod, the perfect wire, perfect reel, so there I sit on the front porch stringing up the new magnificant pole. During this tedius process I took the upper end of the pole off to make the pole stringing process a bit easier than trying to work with the full length of the pole. By placing the lower pole between my knees, I could concetrate on tying perfect knots and getting my lures ready. Damn! Dropped the lure. Reach down to grab it off the porch just as the end of the pole gauges my eye. Yep, blood running down my cheek making Mark consider 9-1-1 on the speed dial. Now, fortunately, I missed my eye BALL by a mere centimeter, but ended up with a nice cut just below the sty. Kinda hoped I'd hit the sty and kill two birds with one stone - OR - kill two stys with one pole - something like that.....
So, I am rather proud of my black eye, cause it could have been so much worse. So girls, if you start getting a pimple on your ass - don't, I mean DON'T go near a fishing pole !

5 comments:

Wendy/mom/gramma said...

hey - now we are sure you are related to me - remember the infamous super glue in the eye incident?????

Question is - Is Lenny's paw ok?

Tiffany said...

I am a little disappointed that there wasn't a picture of the black eye to accent this post :)

Debbi said...

Well, some images are better left to the imagination. Since I'm so accident prone, I may document visually the next injury! You all stand by, don't change the channel, cause accidents happen quite frequently in my everyday life!

Lee said...

This response is really late, but I think it's the dogs fault. My dog Minne has a similar effect on me. A couple of weeks ago, I was bent over, tying my shoelace, when Minne suddenly decided she was excited to see me. She runs toward me, straight at me, and directly into me, slamming her head into mine. As I'm seeing stars, I wonder, does this dog not have brakes? Or does her brain work at a tenth of the speed of her legs? Is she thinking, "Oh my, there's something in front of me, oh - I'd better stop, oh - huh??" About 5 minutes later, Sam came home and knelt down to greet Minne. What does she do - she runs full speed and smashes her head into his. I was laughing so hard as I walked toward the house, that I walked directly into one of the porch support posts... It's the dogs fault!

Debbi said...

Lee,
Glad to hear that other people have the same karma as I do!